As a Green Jeans consignor, you can recycle your wardrobe, earn extra money and shop for great deals! Consignors earn 65% of their sales and can earn up to 75% by volunteering before and/or during our shopping events. Consigning is so easy and FUN! Register, prep and tag your items, drop them off and you'll receive a check within 2 weeks of the sale.
Click on the tabs below to learn how to consign with Green Jeans or download this PDF and print all the details in one document! Question about item pricing? Take a peek at our Pricing Reference Guide. If you have a question or two, please do not hesitate to contact us HERE!
Click here for: Important Consignor Dates/Timeline
Buy your OWN tagging gun HERE
Want to make your life easier?? We now have tagging guns and fasteners available for purchase! No more safety pins!! You can pick-up tagging gun from Lake Norman Area! Contact HERE to arrange pickup. OR have it delivered to your home for an extra $5.00 (S&H).
1 Tagging Gun & 5,000 Plastic Fasteners
$15.00 Cash/Check OR $16.00/$21.00 PayPal below
Register as a Consignor
Consignor Registration is OPEN!
A couple easy steps to get started:
- Complete registration by clicking here to REGISTER.
- Read and accept to the consignor agreement.
- Pay the $10 registration fee* via Paypal or mail check** (this is prompted when registering with MyConsignment Manager). *Non-refundable fee. **If paying by check: Payable to Green Jeans Consignment, 19916 Floral Lane, Cornelius, NC 28031. Please email us HERE so we can watch for your check in the mail.
- Reserve a drop off time online. Times are limited, sign up early!
- Start prepping, uploading and tagging! View our price reference guide if you have questions on item pricing.
- Watch our 'How-to' videos on the next tab for more detailed information.
- Click HERE for a complete descriptive (printable) guide on how to consign your items!
Need Help? Don't know where to begin?
Consider our "Save me from my stuff!" program.
Green Jeans' owners, Cindy and Dana, LOVE organizing, purging and recycling items that are collecting dust! If you are feeling a bit overwhelmed or are unsure of which items are appropriate to consign with Green Jeans Sale, let us help you!
Fee: $15.00/hour payable after the consultation is completed either via check or paypal. For more information contact us here!
Green Jeans Consignment accepts current (purchased within the last 3-4 years), new and gently worn brand name items and boutique labels from Petite to Plus sizes and Maternity. Our shoppers prefer high quality, trendy and classic brand name and designer labels for all occasions.
Shoppers are looking for season appropriate items at each of our semi-annual sales.
Spring Sales - Please, NO wool pants, heavy outerwear and sweaters.
Fall Sales - Please NO, sundresses, shorts, capris, linen bottoms and sandals.
- Please read the list of brands we WILL NOT accept on the next tab.
Please limit consigned items to 100 hanging pieces and unlimited shoes, handbags, jewelry and accessories.
Green Jeans is looking for:
Teen fashion sizes 1-16, Petite and Plus sizes and Maternity
Shirts, sweaters, blouses, pants, shorts, skirts, jeans, capris and dresses
Professional Wear: suits (skirt and pant suits), jackets and blazers
Formal Wear: cocktail dresses, special occasion dresses, prom dresses and mother of the bride/groom dresses
Active Wear: tennis attire, yoga tops, pants, capris, shorts, skirts, jackets
NEW with tags: bathing suits and pajama sets
Accessories: shoes, handbags, belts, scarves, hats and jewelry
Green Jeans holds final approval on all items in the sale.
Example brands for WOMEN may include, but are not limited to: Ann Taylor, Anthropologie labels, Anne Klein, Banana Republic, BCBG, Bebe, Chico's, Citizens of Humanity, Coach, Coldwater Creek, Express, Gap, Guess, J Crew, Kate Spade, Lacoste, Louis Vuitton, Milly, Michael Stars, New York & Company, Ralph Lauren, Seven for all Mankind, Splendid, The Limited, Star, Tory Burch, Trina Turk, True Religion, Vera Bradley and MANY OTHERS.
Due to limited variety of brand name clothing for plus sized women (Sized XL and larger) our acceptable brands are flexible in this category. Accepted brands include: Venzia, Lane Bryant, Torrid, Silver, Hydraulic, Apt 9 and more. Please inquire if further questions arise regarding acceptable plus sized brands.
Brands accepted from Target include: Mossimo (current and VERY gently worn), Designer Series for Target Brands, Liz Lange Maternity and other limited brands.
Brands accepted from Kohl's include: Designer brands exclusive to Kohls (such as Rock and Republic), Daisy Fuentes, Dana Buchman, ELLE, LC Lauren Conrad, Simply Vera Vera Wang and Oh Baby by Motherhood.
Example brands for TEENS may include, but are not limited to: Abercrombie & Fitch, Aeropostale, American Eagle, Billabong, Deliah's, Gap, Guess, H & M, Hollister, Justice, Lucky Brand, Roxy, Victoria's Secret Pink, Wet Seal and MANY OTHERS.
Please note that we will also accept nice quality, gently worn clothing with department stores lables from Belk, Dillards, Macys etc..
Examples: Alfred Dunner, AGB, Caribbean Joe, Donna Morgan, Jones New York, Kasper, ND New Directions, RM Richards, Red Camel, Charter Club, Alfani, Style&Co and more.
Brands NOT Accepted
Many of the brands listed below are inexpensive to buy brand new, reselling them, even in gently used condition does not represent the quality we strive to achieve.
One exception: Brand New, With Tags items from discount stores will be accepted IF they meet our overall requirements.
Please note the following lists of brands not accepted for CLOTHING & SHOES below.
Brands not accepted - SHOES
Payless Shoes: Montego Bay Club, American Eagle (from payless store), Dexter, Predictions, Fioni, Lower East Side, Airwalk
Walmart: White Stag, No Boundries, Faded Glory, George
Kmart: Route66, Jaclyn Smith, Bongo, Thom McAm
**Green Jeans WILL accept other shoe brands that are included on the list below- if they meet overall requirements.
Brands Not Accepted - CLOTHING
- Kohls : Apt. 9, So, Croft & Barrow, My Michelle, Sonoma, J Lo, Abbey Dawn, Candies, Arizona, Lei, Mudd, Axcess
- Duck Head
- Dress Barn
- Walmart: Metro 7, Jaclyn Smith, Op, White Stag, George, Faded Glory, Catalina, Jordache
- Target: Xhiliration, Merona, Cherokee
- Body Central
- Fashion Bug
- JG Hook
- Sag Harbor
- St Johns Bay
- OLD store labels as shown below: BLUE Ann Taylor labels, large navy bue GAP labels, etc.....
All GAP, Old Navy and Banana Republic clothing items have a white tag (placed under or near the garment label) with year and season (08 Sum) the clothing items was released. Please be sure the clothing items are dated within the past 4 years.
* Please Note: The ONLY brands we accept from Target include: Designer Series for Target, Liz Lange Maternity and selective Mossimo (current and VERY gently used).
* Please Note: The ONLY brands accepted from Kohl's include: Designer lines such as Rock and Republic, Daisy Fuentes, Dana Buchman, ELLE, LC Lauren Conrad, Simply Vera Vera Wang and Oh Baby by Motherhood.
* Plus sized brands (starting at size XL and Larger): Due to limited selection of plus sized clothing in the accepted brands listed, Green Jeans will accept gently worn clothing from Kohls and Target (all brands) and other listed brands if they meet overall requirements.
Questions if your items will be accepted? Just ask! Email us HERE!
Items NOT Accepted
Garment quality and brand name usually go hand in hand. Green Jeans strives to have high quality, fashionable merchandise available for our customers. As a result, our shoppers expect new and gently used brand name, designer and boutique brands for great prices at our 3-day shopping events.
The following items will NOT be accepted:
- Any clothing items from our Brands Not Accepted Tab
- Shoe brands listed on our Brands Not Accepted Tab
- Items purchased more than 4 years ago, unless a classic "vintage" item
- Items that smell of cigarette smoke
- Shrunken, faded and wrinkled garments
- Garments with small holes, tears, broken zippers, and missing buttons
- Garments with pilling, fuzz, lint, and pet hair
- Wedding gowns
- Character shirts, cut-off shirts, overalls, bathing suits (unless NEW with tags), undergarments and lingerie (pajama sets allowed)
- Safety pins
- Small Zip Ties
- Hole punch and ribbon
- Hangers (shirt and pant)
- Packing Tape
- Heavy card stock paper 65lb. or heavier (white or pastel)
- Tagging gun use IS allowed (www.storesupply.com)
- Price to sell. You don’t want it back! Consignors with competitive prices end up taking less home and earning more money. View our price reference guide if you are stumped!
- 50 - 75% off retail is a good rule of thumb.
- Ask yourself, "What would I pay at a consignment sale?"
- Offer your items at ½ OFF the last day (Discount : YES). Half the money is better than no money!
Prepare clothing and accessories
- Reminder: Item limit of 100 hanging pieces and unlimited shoes, handbags, jewelry, accessories, etc.
- Make sure all clothing is clean and free of rips or tears.
- Secure all buttons and zippers.
- Hang clothing on hangers with hangers facing left like a question mark - see example below.
- When hanging SETS be sure to secure both items together with safety pin or rubber band.
- Pin straps to the top of the hangers (strappy tank tops or dresses).
- All bottoms must be hung by the waistband on a pant hanger.
- Green Jeans will rent pant hangers if you wish to bring your bottoms without hangers. A $5 rental fee will be deducted from your check following the sale.
- Please DO NOT use safety pins when hanging bottoms.
- Shoes may be brought in boxes, but will not be displayed with their box. Boxes will not be returned following the sale.
- Belts, scarves and hats will not require hangers. They will be displayed on tables or hung on hooks.
Complete and Print Tags
- Complete tags with consignor number, description of item, size and price. Questions about pricing? View our price reference guide.
- Each consignor will determine if they will:
- Keep their item at full price
- Sell at ½ OFF during the last day of the sale
- Donate the item after the sale.
- Please indicate the above on each of your clothing tags by using the drop down box to select "Yes" or "No."
- Use an inkjet with a normal (not best quality) printout. The barcode needs to appear crisp and clear.
Attach Tags to Items
- Attach your tag to the front of hanging garments. We prefer tags be located on the front top right of the item. See below:
- Some garments are too delicate to pin tags to the front. For those special garments or when using a tagging gun, we recommend attaching tags to a seam or inside label.
- Tags must be securely attached to shoes with safety pins, ribbon or packing tape. Shoppers will be handling and trying them on. Please see “How To Tag Shoes” video for further instruction.
- When tagging highend merchandise ( > $50 price), please attach tag to handbag, shoes, jewelry, etc. with MULTIPLE mini zip ties (can be found at Walmart).
- When using packing tape on shoes, do not place tape over bar code.
- DO NOT attach tags to shoe boxes as the boxes will not stay with shoes.
- Affix tags to other loose accessories using a tagging gun, ribbon or safety pins.
- For jewelry, attach tags using ribbon and hole punch.
- Earrings can be attached to card stock tag and taped on the back to further secure the earrings.
Drop off and Pick Up
All consignors must reserve a scheduled time to drop off their items. Click here to log-in and schedule a drop off time. All time slots are in 30 minute increments. We ask that you arrive within that 30 minute slot.
What to expect at drop off:
Please allow 30-45 minutes for drop off.
Arrive with your items neatly hung and tagged.
Arrange items in like groups and by size; such as shirts (S-XL) in one group, bottoms (S-L or 2-22) in another group, and so on.
We will confirm items are properly hung and tagged. Your clothing will be inspected for stains, holes, missing buttons, etc. at drop off. Any unaccepted items will be returned to you at drop-off. If we find additional unaccepted items after drop-off, we will set them aside for consignor pick-up or donate if applicable.
If you are unable to pick up during these times, please make alternative arrangements with a friend or family member to pick up for you. Green Jeans Consignment is unable to transfer/store consignor merchandise following the sale.
- Any items not picked up will be donated to our partner charities, please see Charitable Partner Tab.
How Do I Get Paid?
You will receive a check within two weeks of the sale via the mail. Your $5 or more hanger rental (if applicable) will be subtracted from your earnings.
Consign for Charity
Make a difference! Recycle your wardrobe and raise money for your favorite non-profit organization.
Green Jeans Consignment will give all charitable consignors who donate their earnings, an additional 5% commission in support of your cause.
There are multiple ways to take advantage of this great opportunity!
- Get all of your own clothing together and let us know that you are going to donate your proceeds to a non-profit and we will give you an extra 5% commission.
- Get your women's group on board and register for one consignor account. Share the log-in and password with your group members. All women involved can upload their items onto the My Consignment Manager site, under the same log-in. Let us know when you plan to drop off your items. An extra 5% of proceeds from a group of women can add up to a large amount of money for your group's favorite charity!
Please email here to apply for your additional 5%. Please write Consign for Charity in the subject line.
In an attempt to get as many people involved in our sale as possible, we are offering a RESTOCKING option!
If you learned about our sale late or just ran out of time to enter your items into our system, you can now drop off your items after the first public sale day- after 6pm-8pm.
SouthPark Re-Stock Consignor Drop-Off: Friday, March 8th
Lake Norman Re-Stock Consignor Drop-Off: Wednesday, April 17th
What is a Re-Stock Consignor?
A registered consignor who...
- Drops off their items after the first public sale day instead of earlier in the week (drop-off is a specified 2 hour slot only).
- Gets the same privledges as a regular consignor- including earned percentage, VIP shopping, and full volunteer opportunities.
- Has their items in the store from the 2nd public sale day to the end of the sale.
- Can bring unlimited handbags, shoes and accessories, like all consignors, BUT due to space constraints can only bring 50 hanging items.
- If you dropped off items prior to the sale and found MORE items you'd like to bring to the sale, you can do so at this time!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of consigning with Green Jeans Consignment? There are many benefits of being a consignor with Green Jeans!
- You set your own price and earn up to 75% of the sales price. It feels great to clear out unneeded items, know that someone else gets to use them, and you make more money that you would selling in a yard sale or a secondhand store.
- All you have to do is is prepare and tag your items and drop them off before the sale. We take care of all advertising, the facility, and the store itself.
Is there a limit to how many items I may consign? You may consign up to 100 hanging items and an unlimited amount of shoes, handbags, jewlery and accessories at our sale.
What is the benefit to the computerized tagging system?
- Your tagging will go much faster!
- Our shoppers will enjoy a faster checkout.
- Your payment for your sales will be ready sooner!
- You can check and see what has sold each day during the sale.
- Your consignor number remains the same for all future sales and you may leave unsold items tagged for the next time.
Do I need to stay with my items during the sale? No. We take care of the sale for you! You drop off your items and we do the rest. If you want to be a worker, we welcome your help! Sign up for a shift... or two!
What items may I consign? You may consign clothing, accessories, shoes, and handbags. We want our shoppers to know they will have quality merchandise to shop during our sale. Please do not be offended if we do not accept something due to stains or wear. Refer to our Acceptable Items and Items NOT Accepted tabs above for ideas on what to consign and acceptable brands.
Who decides the price of my items? You set your own price. Use the original price and brand as your guide or view our price reference guide. General rule of thumb is 50-75% of original price. Ask yourself, "What would I pay for such an item at a consignment sale?" Price to sell! Designate whether you want your item reduced 50% at our discount sale, the last day of the event.
How much money do I receive back from the sale of my items? All consignors will receive a base pay of 65%. If you volunteer for 2 three hour volunteer shifts you will receive 70%, if you volunteer for 3 three hour shifts you will receive 75% of your sales. To view available volunteer shifts, click here.
Are there any fees involved with the sale? There is a $10 consignor fee which covers location, rentals, and advertising. The fee is required to be paid upfront, prior to registration. There is no entrance fee for shoppers. Consignors who choose to rent pant hangers will be charged a $5 rental fee, which will be deducted from their earnings.
What happens to my unsold items? When you tag your items, you will designate whether you want to pick-up or donate your unsold merchandise. If you choose to donate your items, a local charity will come to pick up your items. If you want to pick up your unsold items you must come during the scheduled pick-up time to retrieve them. Anything left after that time will become property of Green Jeans Consignment and most items will be donated to a charity. We cannot make exceptions to this schedule because we have to vacate the sale site promptly. See pick up times LKN or Fort Mill
"Consigning with Cindy and Dana was fast, easy and fun! They were a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend consigning with these sisters!" - Christi, Charlotte, NC
"Consigning with Green Jeans was a "no-brainer" when I saw that I would get 65% of the sale price (20%-25% more than any other place I’ve ever consigned)! Registering and tagging my inventory went quickly and I got my check within a week of the sale. I’m defiantly be participating in future sales. I am already looking forward to having more money in my wallet and more room in my closet!" - Megan, Charlotte, NC
Too Busy to Tag for Designer Consignors
Have a bunch of great clothes, shoes and accessories to consign, but cannot find the time to tag? Don't worry, we'll do it for YOU!
Our Designer Consignor Too Busy to Tag Program, pays consignors 50% of their earnings. This program is limited and available on a first come, first served basis.
Deadline South Park: Friday, August 2nd
Deadline Lake Norman: Friday, September 13
Rules and regulations:
Brands accepted into the Designer Consignor Too Busy to Tag Program include:
- Baseline brands: Banana Republic, JCrew, Ann Taylor, Department Store specialty Boutique & Designer Brands
- Brands of lower quality than the above mentioned labels above will not be accepted.
You must have a minimum of 40 items (including shoes & handbags) and 100 max hanging item limit, unlimited shoes, handbags, accessories.
All items must be clean, pressed, and hung on hangers prior to drop off.
Let's Get Started!
- You must register as a Consignor for the sale of your choice, pay $10 consignor fee, register here. Read and agree to consignor terms and conditions.
- Pay the $25 Too Busy to Tag fee to cover costs for cardstock, printer ink, tagging supplies and labor. Payment can be mailed or paid at time of clothing drop off. Arrange date and time for item drop off at specified location via email HERE.
- Mail check to: Green Jeans Consignment, 19916 Floral Lane, Cornelius, NC 28031
- Decide if you would like your items donated after the sale.
- All items will be discounted on the last day at 50% off, unless otherwise specified.
- We’ll tag and price your items for you.
- We’ll take care of delivery to and placement of your items at the sale of your choice.
- Remember: If items are NOT deemed DONATE, consignors MUST come to pick up their items during specfied consignor drop off hours the last day of the sale.
How does pricing work?
- We price your items at 25-40% of the estimated original retail price. The condition of an item raises or lowers this figure.
- If you have a specific price per item in mind, you may price items by placing masking tape on them with your desired price.
Let the Fun Begin!
- Follow your sales online during the 4 day sales event, by logging into your seller account. Sales are usually reconciled overnight. Just click on ‘View Settlement Report”.
Show me the Money!!
- When you choose the Too Busy To Tag program, consignors will receive 50% of their sales versus the standard 65% of sales.
- Checks will be mailed within 1 week of the conclusion of the sale.
- Earn an additional percentage of your sales by volunteering before or during the sale, see more about volunteering here.
Eager to Shop at our Sale?
- As a consignor, you will be able to shop the Exclusive Consignor Pre-Sale Event and can bring ONE friend!
- Unsold items: If you wish to have your unsold items returned after the sale, you must come pick up your items at the sale. Please see consignor timeline on consignor page for more info.
- You may choose to donate your unsold items to the local charity chosen for that particular sale. Consignors may request a tax donation slip after the sale for donated items.
- We can pick up for you and take back unsold items to the specified location for a $15 transport fee. Clothing pick up must be arranged within 24 hours of sale closing.
How to Videos
Prepping Your Items 101
Uploading Your Items 101
Tagging: Printing and Tagging Your Items 101
Tagging Shoes, Handbags and Accessories 101
Transfer Your Items to Another Green Jeans Sale 101
Did you miss our drop off deadline?
Re-Stock Consignor option NOT available for Spring 2013